Monday, December 31, 2018

Resolved



© 2018 Christy K Robinson

Since 2015, I've been writing about the benefits of being grateful. It's my one New Year resolution each year. Having only the one, it means I am more likely to keep my resolution.

Living a grateful life is a happier life, and less tense or fearful because I come to the place where God is in control, and not some negative force. For instance, I believe that our nation, and indeed the world, is headed for another financial crash that will be worse than the one that took us down from 2008 to the present--the one we still have not recovered from. Economists back this up in Forbes, Newsweek, LA Times, Fortune, and major news sources. For a self-employed person like me, who lives month to month teaching piano lessons and editing books, which are luxuries easily cut off in hard financial times, that's scary. Living the gig economy with no security net or pension fund, and no spousal income to fall back on, could be terrifying. In fact, two weeks ago, I got word that I'd be losing about $130 a month from my meager income, starting in January.

The gratitude attitude reminds me that God has brought me through impossible situations before. He's provided for me far beyond what I could earn or expect. He loves me, and calls me his daughter, and that places my welfare in his hands. I'm reminding myself that I must not be angry or resentful over a situation I can't control, and that I should be looking forward to the miracles, large and small, that God will perform on my behalf.

So though I know that a financial famine is coming, I'm planting my garden in the expectation and anticipation that God will show himself faithful again and again, with grace upon grace upon grace.

For out of His fullness [the superabundance of His grace and truth] we have all received grace upon grace [spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing, favor upon favor, and gift heaped upon gift]. John 1:16 AMP 

That's something to be grateful for in advance. I know the blessings are coming just as surely as I know the crash is coming. 


**********  

Christy K Robinson is author of these sites:
·       Discovering Love (inspiration)
·       Rooting for Ancestors (history and genealogy)
·       William and Mary Barrett Dyer (17th century culture and history of England and New England)

and of these books:
·       We Shall Be Changed (2010)
·       Mary Dyer Illuminated (2013)
·       Mary Dyer: For Such a Time as This (2014)
·       Effigy Hunter (2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courteous, constructive comments are welcome. DO NOT include your email or link in your comment, or it will not be published. (This protects us from spam or personal identity hacks.) ALL comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...